Discovering the True You

Discovering the True You

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Accepting and Embracing Your True Identity

One of the struggles most people have is believing in your worth.  One of the often-quoted formulas that people use to estimate the value of themselves or others is what you do, what you have, or what others think of you.  Another way to express this is your performance, possessions, or the perception of others.  The issue of these schemes is their external nature.  All have to do with things that are outside you or outside your control. 

You have intrinsic value.  That means that you are like a bar of gold, a string of pearls, or a 5 karat diamond you have value for your existence not your performance.  They have value that is internal it is built into what they are. They do not ever lose their value. In fact they retain their value no matter what.  If you have watched “The Antique Road Show” one of the best moments is when someone brings an item that doesn’t look like much, but in the valuation of the experts it is found that is rare and has surprisingly great value.  It does not appear to be of any significant value, but it has great value.  When this happens there is a gasp and a look of surprise. 

When you look in the mirror you may not see much, but when your creator looks at you he sees your true value.  He sees that you were worth dying for, worth providing for and worth the cost of your redemption.  The following statement reflects this reality. 

“I am special, unique, original, one of a kind.  I was made in His image and likeness.  I am unequivocally, irreducibly & indivisibly, unique.  I am separate, particular and unrepeatable.  He has assigned me great value and his love for me is beyond expression.  In fact He loves me so much He invites me into an intimate relationship and has adopted me as his son.  I was designed and gifted to serve a specific task in His Kingdom.  I will experience fulfillment and satisfaction only if I cooperate with Him, follow His plan and experience all that He has for me.”

This statement is a combination of concepts that I have uncovered in my research from a variety of sources.  It is a reminder of what God thinks of each of us.  You and I are not who we think we are, we are who creator thinks we are.  It is not the first impulse for most of us.  We have so much life experience that convinces us of negative opinions.  It is much easier to accept them than to believe the truth.  Satan has deceived us.  This deception paralyzes us and keeps us from accepting the truth and from embracing our true destiny.  It is a tragedy to live a total lifetime wallowing in insignificance based on this deception.  You have a greater destiny than you realize.  This is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Affirmation

I am an original, treasured, extraordinary, capable, unique, gifted, individual, unrepeatable, and one of a kind. He calls me a masterpiece. That is who I am.